13 Jun Most Common Places For Roof Leaks
Roof leaks can be a problem for homeowners. You will notice water spots on your walls and ceilings, as well as dirt and debris stains in your attic. It can be difficult to determine the source of a leak by yourself.
However, allowing a leaky roof to persist is a recipe for disaster. Water damage to your home’s exterior and interior could result in costly repairs or mold remediation. It is essential that you repair and patch your roof immediately to preserve your home’s value and to maintain its integrity.
Common Places For Roof Leaks
There may be areas that can cause leaks depending on how your roofline looks. KCG Roofing and Carpentry will come to your home and inspect these areas and fix the problem before it becomes a major financial strain.
- The chimney. A roof leak can often be caused by a chimney. Most often, the cause is a damaged or cracked flashing. This thin metal is used to detect natural cracks or gaps in coverage. If flashing is worn, damaged, or missing, water can enter your home. At least once per year, inspect your chimney and the flashing surrounding it.
- Skylights should be placed in an area that is not too close to other skylights. Skylights can provide light entry points to your home. However, they can become a problem if they leak. Skylights can leak because of poor installation or worn weather sealing. To ensure no leaks, inspect your skylights frequently, especially after severe storms.
- Around vent pipes. The common protrusion of a vent, or plumbing pipe, along a roofline allows air to circulate through your home and escape. To ensure that vent pipes fit within your roof structure, they are usually surrounded by a rubber boot and flashing. This boot/flashing combination may become looser or less durable over time, and this can lead to moisture leakage and other problems. To keep your roof dry, you will need to maintain it and have it repaired or replaced as needed.
- Cracked or missing tiles/shingles Missing tiles and shingles are the most obvious sign that your roof is leaking. It is easy to see this because it will be different from the rest. Strong winds, storms and other inclement weather can cause roof damage and even tear down roofs that were once well-secured. Regular inspections and repairs to your roof will prevent any potential damage to your home or property.
- Low slope areas. Low slope areas: Water can pool in flat and recessed areas of your roof. This standing water can cause damage to materials and make it less effective in keeping water out of your home. Taper systems allow water to flow off the roof, keeping it dry and away from your home’s interior.
Book Your Inspection Now!
Roof maintenance and repair is a way to increase the value of your home over time. We want you to do that. KCG Roofing and Carpentry in Tampa FL has a dedicated team of professionals who are trained in all aspects regarding the care, repair and maintenance of all kinds of roof leaks.
KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years.
We service a multitude of areas in West Central Florida including:
- Anna Maria Island,
- Plant City,
- Apollo Beach,
- Brandon, and Seffner,
- Longboat Key,
- North Port,
- Port Charlotte,
- Punta Gorda,
- Sun City Center,
- Tampa Bay,
- Lake Whales, and all points in between!
All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. Our Owens Corning shingle roofs are backed by a 50-Year Platinum Warranty that includes materials and labor. While most of our business is residential, we also handle commercial roofing projects. Check out our 5-star reviews and be sure to contact us today for your free quote on your repair for roof leaks!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.