04 Apr Roof Replacement Preparation With KCG
KCG Roofing understands that your roof is an integral part of your home. It should be maintained and repaired as necessary. Although homeowners do their best to keep our roofs in good condition, it can sometimes be impossible to avoid the need for a roof replacement.
Reasons why you might need to replace a roof
Sometimes it’s impossible to repair your roof and fix any weak spots. There are several reasons why you may need a roof replacement.
- Storm damage repair is necessary
- You want to increase the value of your home
- You need to replace a roof that is too old or worn to protect your home.
- You want to remodel your entire home.
No matter the reason, it is important to be ready when KCG Roofing comes to install your new roof. These steps will help you and your home when it is time for your roof replacement.
- Be prepared for some mess. Your contractor will arrive with a team that will remove shingles, tiles, and metal from your roof. The contractor will place tarps on your yard and driveway to catch the debris. Take precautions to prevent debris from hitting your home and property during demolition and cleanup.
- Remove all cars from your driveway and garage. If possible, park your cars at a safe distance from your home on the street. It is not a good idea to park them in your garage. Your car could be blocked by equipment from the roofing company, the delivery truck for roofing materials, and even the dumpster. Your vehicles should be parked on the street away from any roofing contractors’ vehicles and falling debris.
- Remove toys and patio furniture from walkways. Your roofers will need to have access to your home’s areas. Help them by moving patio furniture and children’s toys around so they can easily access the area. For optimal productivity, there should be at most a 15-foot clearance around your home. To protect your house, put what you can in a storage shed.
- Clean out your garden. Your garden can quickly be damaged by falling debris. This applies to not only your plants but also any wildlife that wanders through the garden looking for food. You can cover your garden to make sure that your crew is done.
- Inside preparation. During roofing, shelves and pictures may fall off walls or become loose. To protect your items, please remove any pictures or shelves. After the roof is installed, it can be put back in place.
- Pets. The noise from the roofing can be very distressing for pets. Their hearing loss is so severe that it makes their world seem like it is falling apart. Your furry friends will be grateful if you make arrangements for them to visit family and friends during the roofing days. You can also be there during the noise if you are unable to do so. Being present can help your pet to calm down. You can also use “white noise” (or a sound machine) to help reduce their noise levels.
- Get to know your neighbors. Even if you have good relationships with your immediate neighbors. Excessive noise can cause problems for your neighbors’ daily lives and their pets. You should speak to your neighbors in advance to let them know your plans. Please apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure them that everything will return to normal once the project is completed. Ask your contractor to be considerate and take extra time to clean up debris that has reached your property line. You can help minimize problems and assist contractors in working efficiently to complete the work on time. You can communicate your intentions better and there will be fewer chances of misunderstandings that could lead to hurt feelings.
- Cleanup occurs daily. Our staff will clean up your yard and take out any debris. We apologize for any items that we may have missed. We do our best. Roofs require a lot of nails. We will remove any nails that have made their way into your yard when we’re done.
- You’re looking forward to your new roof. A roof replacement will make your house more valuable and protect other areas.
We are familiar with a reliable roofing company…
KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years. We service a multitude of areas in West Central Florida including Anna Maria Island, Plant City, Apollo Beach, Bradenton, Brandon, and Seffner, Ellenton, Gibsonton, Longboat Key, North Port, Port Charlotte, Valrico, Palmetto, Punta Gorda, Riverview, Sarasota, Sun City Center, Tampa Bay, Venice, Lake Whales, and all points in between! All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. Our Owens Corning shingle roofs are backed by a 50-Year Platinum Warranty that includes materials and labor. While most of our business is residential, we also handle commercial roofing projects. Check out our 5-star reviews and be sure to contact us today for your quote on your roof replacement!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.