20 Jun What To Do If You Discover Roof Damage
You are a homeowner and you know repairs are part of the equation. You must take care of broken appliances, leaky windows, and HVAC maintenance, and fix any roof damage in order to maintain your home’s condition.
The roof is an important aspect of home maintenance that very few homeowners consider. Roofs are an integral part of home maintenance and must be maintained and inspected regularly to avoid permanent damage to your home’s exterior and interior. Some aspects of roof disrepair can only be seen by a trained eye.
Others, like missing tiles or shingles, can be seen from the ground. What should you do if your roof is damaged? You need to take immediate action to protect your most important asset, your home. These steps will help you immediately address roof damage.
What should you do if you find roof damage
If you notice water pooling on the ceiling of your living room, it can be easy to panic. You can keep your head clear and take immediate action to fix the problem.
- Look for the external weakness. Water can enter your home from the outside. Most likely, the problem is a torn or missing shingle, or leaking flashing. To determine if the entry point is present, take a look around your house and call your roofing contractor for more information.
- Do your best to minimize any damage. Do your best to reduce any water damage as soon as you find it. Cover any furniture and place a large basin or bucket underneath the leak. To prevent any damage to electronics or other valuables, move them away from the source of the water. Also, monitor the situation for signs of worsening. For immediate assistance in stopping the leak, call your roofing contractor.
- Make a DIY solution until assistance arrives. You might try putting a tarp over the area until you have a better idea of what is happening. Len’s roofing can help you if you aren’t comfortable with the risks involved in climbing on your roof.
- You should look for any debris on the ground. There are likely to be signs that a storm has caused damage to your roof. You may need to deal with loose tiles, shingles, roofing nails and downed tree branches. Your contractor may be able to put together the pieces more efficiently if you let him know.
- Hire a professional, hire KCG Roofing. It is almost impossible to fix a major leak by yourself, so hire the professionals at KCG.
Why choose KCG Roofing and Carpentry?
KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years.
We service a multitude of areas in West Central Florida including:
- Anna Maria Island,
- Plant City,
- Apollo Beach,
- Brandon, and Seffner,
- Longboat Key,
- North Port,
- Port Charlotte,
- Punta Gorda,
- Sun City Center,
- Tampa Bay,
- Lake Wales, and all points in between!
All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. Our Owens Corning shingle roofs are backed by a 50-Year Platinum Warranty that includes materials and labor. While most of our business is residential, we also handle commercial roofing projects. Check out our 5-star reviews and be sure to contact us today for your free quote on your roof damage repair!